Monday, July 30, 2012

The New York Magazine "Sex Issue"


This month, The New York Magazine released a "special double issue" all about sex.  I haven't read the entire issue yet but from what I've read, it's really interesting.  The issue doesn't only talk about heterosexual sex and couples but also other sexual acts that considered out of the "norm".  For example, the article has small excerpts discussing feet fetish, online dating, older couples, prostitution, S&M, bisexuality, and others.  There are also longer articles about heterosexual married couples, "throuple's" (3 boyfriends), and sex between elderly.
From what I've read, the articles are not meant to promote heterosexuality or be discriminatory.  It simple introduces and highlights other forms of sexualities that exists in our society, more specifically, NYC.  Many of the articles have a "matter of fact" kind of tone and some are even written in the perspective of the participants.  I think this issue is a good step towards removing stigma often attached to many acts that are not considered traditional heterosexual acts.

1 comment:

Fashionable Memories said...

I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean the world to me!!! Thank you so much in advance!! I look forward to hear from you and to read more of your future blog posts. Have a great night!!!