I'm not going to lie but I'm terrified of 2014. I wake up this morning feeling relaxed, but almost without missing a beat, a wave of fear, panic, and anxiety washed over me.
Not to start my year mopping, but I've been terrified of 2013 ending because 2013 really was more than any other year. It was the year that I saw new places and met new people. It was the year that I partied my hearts out with my very best friends and slept with my make-up on too many times. It was the year I wrote a 20 pages paper that almost destroyed my self-esteem and made me realize how much I am not sure about what I want to do and where I want to go. It was the year I pulled too many all nighters, ate too much McDonalds, drank too much, and smoked too much hookah. It was the year that I graduated, had to say good-bye to my small nook of freedom, and live with my parents full-time. It was the year that I realized I wanted to be a social worker and focus in policy because that's who I am. It was the year that I spent the last day of the year with the love of my life.
In this one year, I went through sooooooo many ups and downs and made so many decisions that I am now scared to face them 2014. Without the safety of school, that guarantees new and probably great experiences, I'm left with only myself and my decisions. I'm left with no one to blame.
But I guess 2014 is really just an other year. So Happy New Year and hope there are many more amazing memories to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment