Later that night, I went out wearing a pair of those beautiful shoes I bought and had a blast. However, even though I had a lot of fun that night, I couldn't ignore the soreness in my legs and my feet begging me to take off my shoes! Once I got home, I ripped off my shoes and went to bed, hoping that enough sleep will heal me. The next night, we went out again. This time, I tried to wear the other pair of shoes I bought last night (4 inch stilettos) and I just couldn't. My legs were already sore, and I knew that there was no way I could stand on my feet for more than 10mins. I decided to trade my 4 inch stilettos with my 3 inch wedges. At that moment, I was pissed!
Why did I have to pick shoes with any heels? Why are women expected to wear these uncomfortable things just so they can destroy their posture, feet, and legs? So often, I hear women and men tell me that heels are cute and they make you look so sexy. I can't say that I disagree because I own quite a few pair of heels and when I wear them (on a good day), I feel taller, more confident, and sexier. Yet, aren't these all social constructs created to make women less themselves and less comfortable. Even though men might find a woman wearing heels to be sexier than those who don't, these same heels also give men the excuse to call women clumsy and make women more dependent on them. Honestly, I can probably dance better and sexier without my 4 inch stilettos because they are really (what my best friend calls them) "standing" shoes.
1 comment:
just a way to limit mobility, except incentivized and sold through the "sexy" appeal. but ugh they are so cute :( UGLYCREYS
(p.s. i think i like your posts so much because you draw directly from something you will have seen/felt that day and write about it. it's so relatable and direct. love it! i feel like that's something i struggle with. i immediately opt for the abstract as opposed to the tangible/descriptive. will try to imitate this style mebbe)
Post a Comment